Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mr and Mrs Smith

After a week of let downs and stressful activities at school, I was relaxing on the couch watching TV. I get a call around 8pm from my best friend, James, asking what I'm doing that night. "Absolutely nothing," I respond... a little disappointed because it was the first year I had nothing to do on Valentine's Day. "Get dressed," he tells me. "We're going out!" With a little convincing, I prop up and start putting on makeup, heels, and dress not really knowing where we'd end up.

Thirty minutes later, he shows up outside of my house carrying a red rose. I was a bit floored. My best friend was ready to save the day (after me crying about how the guy I was dating went off with his friend on vacation with her family to the river). "So where to?" he asks me. Not really feeling a least bit romantic, I blurt out, "the shooting range!" Just like the best friend that he is, the shooting range it was. We figured there wouldn't be anyone there since everyone was out having romantic dinners and such. I also wanted to shoot something out of frustration.

We reached our destination in LA and low and behold, it was a busy night. There were couples dressed up like we were! We had to pay for each gun that we shot and 50 rounds of bullets for $2.50. After getting a quick guideline on how to handle the guns and the use of earmuffs, I stepped into the range and immediately freaked out by the loud noises and empty bullets bouncing everywhere. I couldn't stop shaking for the first 10 minutes. I was in a state of shock. We started with the 9mm and once I was able to be comfortable with that, we moved on to bigger and better guns (sharing with the couple next to us). It was such a great adrenaline rush and couldn't have asked anyone else to share it with. Thank you so much James for making my day!

 

Bucket List #105: Go to a Shooting Range
Location: Somewhere in Los Angeles


No comments:

Post a Comment