Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jessica and Howard's "Great Gatsby Wedding"

Location: Belvedere Manor | Bel Air Mansion 


I remember when I was younger, there were so many things I wanted to be. My #1 has always remained to be a doctor. But on the side, I had other hobbies that I was interested in and knew I wanted to explore: to be a teacher, forensic scientist, interior designer (etc). For a short amount of time, I thought it would've been cool to be an event planner since I loved organizing and enjoyed the creative aspect of the job... especially after watching the Wedding Planner with JLo. I mean, seriously. Who could resist Matthew McConaughey in that movie? Major panty dropper!


Besides the point, as I was working for my cousin at the RDS study one day, I was interviewing a woman named Darian. She happened to be the co-founder and CEO of the Location Connection where they specifically plan events on different estates in the LA county. She had offered me the opportunity to work with her for a Great Gatsby inspired wedding in Bel Air. I figured this would be a wonderful chance to network and see what the industry was all about. 


I was her assistant the day before at the rehearsal and was her right hand woman during the whole event that day. It was such a beautiful event and loved all of the little/minute details that encompassed the wedding. It gave me a lot of hope that I'd hopefully find someone who can tolerate my nuances/neuroses/flaws for life. Haha, I was lucky enough to have conversed with the owners of the house, who were absolutely genuine and lovely people. I felt so blessed to have been given an opportunity to do this. I had such a wonderful time!


                                      
                                          
 



Bucket List #58: Work/Plan A Wedding  

No comments:

Post a Comment